Leads are the lifeblood of a business, without them growth can stagnate and your business can die on the vine. While social media and email campaigns can generate leads, blogging is perhaps the most effective technique.
1. Blogging Drives Targeted Traffic to Your Website
Let’s be honest, there inst really a reason for people you haven’t already interacted with to visit your site. Outside of those that already know your business, your site doesn’t provide a compelling reason for people to visit.
- Offer visitors something of value and a good reason to visit your site – to read your content.
- Promote your blog content on social media – there’s only so many times you can promote your site or landing pages across your digital platforms.
- Reduce bounce rate – blogging doesn’t just help you drive traffic to your website, it also gives visitors a reason to stay for longer and to keep coming back.
Boost your search ranking – producing targeted and optimized content can increase your ranking in search engine results.
2. Blogging Helps Convert Visitors and Reduces Bounce Rate
A good blog that provides something of value to the reader and is a great tool for generating leads. Creating valuable and engaging content increases your credibility and helps form a connection with the reader – a connection that helps to convert when you incorporate well-placed calls to action in your posts.
- Add to your email list by offering content delivered straight to your leads inbox.
- Craft relevant calls to action in your posts that show how your product or service can solve a problem or help people achieve their goals.
- Create links to landing pages or content aimed further down your sales funnel.
- Producing quality content illustrates your knowledge and the value you can provide to potential clients. Consistently contributing well-informed content can even position you as a thought leader in your industry.
3. Blogging Offers Great ROI
A single quality post can drive traffic and leads for years to come. You should still periodically promote your older posts, but even if you don’t they won’t disappear forever. Blog posts gain ranking in search results and can still get shares from visitors long after they were first posted.
Getting the right share from the right person can give your old post a new lease of life. Some of the most famous viral videos once sat for months without any views – before the right share from the right person. The same thing can happen to your blog posts. While your post might not be seen every millennial with a smartphone, it could still provide a massive boost to your traffic and generate more leads if it gets the right share.
You should be aiming to produce evergreen content for your blog, content that stays relevant for months – or even years with a few edits. Write a blog post on the latest industry news from the London Festival of Marketing and you might gain some attention for the next few days or weeks. Write a short guide based on the principals taught by a guest speaker and that post could stay relevant for years to come.
These are just three of the lead generating benefits of blogging for your business. With the growing use of ad blockers, blogging is one of the most powerful marketing tools available for businesses.
Need some help with your blog? Get in contact.